Hey Allan,

Yeah Elaine does be saying that, eh?

My broc has always been real happy in the leaf compost/ wood chippy stuff I
have here, and Eliot also notes that rototillering in leaves in the Fall is
just dandy for brassicas in the spring, and leaves are sort of fungally
foodish.

Methinks that my foodweb is feasting fast enough to make all the necessary
stuff broc is supposed to need, so that the broc roots have their fill at
the smorgasbord.

Then again, I have Lumbricus terrestris about every six inches or so here.
These guys are the Sam Wittinghams of nutrient cycling. (Sam is the world
record holder of human powered vehicles, 80+ mph---who says you need gas?)

Elaine also says you can't have too many collembola. I hope she is right
about that, as I gave out a whole lot of them with my vermicompost samples
the other night, and told people to email Elaine if they had any
problems.....:-)

Best part of the presentation was when someone put their nose into my
milkcrate that had quasi-finished vermicompost and its makers in it.  "It
smells like spring," she said happily.

Spring, and springtails.

Life is good.

Frank Teuton