----- Original Message -----
From: Hugh Lovel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:12 AM
Subject: Austr. Workshop/ What was the purpose?

Dear Hugh,
Tobias is correct about the rain around Albury, we had good rain at our farm
(almost five inches) and there has been from two inches up to ten or so as
you travel north from us into SE queensland, most of the eastern side of the
wheat belt and into the tablelands had useful to good falls and most of the
coastal strip from Victorian border to well up into queensland. The inland
areas - western NSW and Queensland missed out and that is a large area of
country - we had a not so subtle reminder of it yesterday - 40+ mph NW winds
carrying red dust all day when the wind eased and turned south west last
night we got visibility reduced to about 80 yards and quite a bit of
fallout.
The rain petered out as you got closer to Albury - most farmers around there
are probably not all that happy. However there are a few things to consider.

1. There is several million acres of the alpine country and surrounding
forest areas burnt to a cinder - mostly in an arc around the east and south
east of Albury, probably the most damaging wild fires we have had since
white settlement.
2. much of this damage is within the catchment of the hume dam and a lot of
the rest is catchment for the snowy mountains hydro scheme
3. If the Albury area and east into the mountains had recieved the same
amount and like manner of rain that we got on our farm, it would have been a
disaster of mammoth proportions , the Hume dam would now be half full of
ash, mud and the remains of dead things, damage to infrastructure in the
high country would be a huge mess - what that country most desperately needs
is several light gentle falls of rain to germinate some ground cover and
stabilise the soil before any major rainfall rips it to shreds.
4. When we do these radionic treatments we ask ''for the good of all and to
the detriment of no one'' or something of similar meaning - do we interpret
this as ''for the greater good''