I am actually trying to use your LinuxCNC MachineKit on a steel
router/printer/digitizer with a 4'x8'x18" build area that I am building
 (see here <http://whereismyflyingcar.info/?cat=3>). I am making good
progress and will be mounting motors and wanting to see them move in the
not-too-distant future.

I plan to use a bipolar NEMA 34 (4.6Nm) dual shaft motor with a 5.5A-6.5A
per phase draw for the X axis and I need to make sure I get a
stepper/driver board that will handle that sort of load.

I suppose that since the BePoPr++ allows for off-board stepper/drivers I
need to go with that one as I doubt the built-in devices on the Replicape
can supply that sort of power.

Right now I am playing around with a 0.23Nm stepper motor and an EasyDriver
board hooked up to my BBB. Which makes me wonder... what if I just hooked
up 6A versions of the EasyDriver to my BBB to drive the motors and ran
LinuxCNC? I am moving motors without a BeBoPr++ now, why do I need one? what
does the BePoPr++ do exactly?  (obviously a newbie question)

Dave