On Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:49:52 PM UTC-6, RobertCNelson wrote:

> Which brings up a fun question.  What default timezone do you guys
> want? Or is "utc" generic enough?

I think UTC would be best, but there should be clear instructions for how
to change it.

Most users (like me) are not Linux experts and don't know how to do many of
these basic things. I though /etc/timezone seemed like the perfect place to
make this change, but it turns out that was wrong. Google led me to
tzselect which also looked promising, but again it was wrong.

Dennis Cote