I've just started learning about uio myself, but my guess is that you've
loaded the uio_pruss module manually. Yes ? So with a kernel that has cape
manager . . .

$ uname -r
4.1.9-bone-rt-r16
$ lsmod |grep pru

$ sudo sh -c "echo 'pru_enable' > /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots"
$ lsmod |grep pru
uio_pruss               4143  0
uio                     8006  2 uio_pruss,uio_pdrv_genirq

So, anyway, the module you're missing is *uio_pdrv_genirq* but this minimal
generic driver module needs parameters when loaded. That much I know, but
what I do not know is how to load that module. Well not exactly. That, and
I'm not sure how to dissect the Linux Image I have now to find out . . .