OK, so maybe you can explain why you think there is a difference between
writing PRU firmware targeting PRUSS vs PRU firmware targeting remoteproc? The
only difference is the API. You can build the firmware for each in the same
way. The only reference to CCSV6 is the examples TI created for remoteproc.
Someone updated those examples to build with GCC. So I don’t understand what
you mean by forced to use “close source tools”. Nothing in remoteproc is closed
source. All remoteproc does is load the firmware on the PRU and then start the
code. virtio_rpmsg_bus handles the communications between ARM and the PRU.

Regards,
John