> On Apr 20, 2016, at 23:52 , William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Rick, ah I gotcha now I guess. I'd have to use this ->
> http://pastebin.com/Wja7ZQRk edit out the edma include line, compile, and
> then load that up as my dtb= line. Then, perhaps the audio cape will load. It
> seems as though the McASP stuff has been rewritten since 3.8.x, and the
> clk_mcasp0 "object" either got renamed, or removed.

Yeah, that's the file that's working for me, EXCEPT: I modified my
am33xx-overlay-edma-fix.dtsi to comment out the two mcasp entries. If I boot
with that (on 4.4.7-bone-rt-r9), then I can load the BB-BONE-AUDI-02 overlay,
and then I can use aplay and speaker-test.

At this point, though, the channels are not quite right. Only the left works.
This is hopefully due to a very badly configured ALSA.

BTW, your buddy surely didn't use my cape; I've only built one, and it's here.
:-) The last few days I've been using the CircuitCo AudioCape Rev B (the Rev A
has a different codec). My cape is almost identical to the Rev B, so I'll soon
try it again.

> [...]
> of our project is actually one of two potential daughter capes, and we're not
> in a huge hurry to figure all that out. But I figured since you all are doing
> this, now I'd join in and see if i could help or not. Plus, yes, get our cape
> working in the process ;)
>
> Also, my buddy tried one of your capes, and it wound up locking his board up
> at boot. But the funny thing was, I took his sdcard, and rewrote the dtb=
> line myself, and the board still would not boot. I had to revert it to an
> older kernel. So yeah, no idea exactly what was going on. Hard to keep track
> of what I'm doing, and what he's doing at the same time . . .
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
> Er, I guess *this* is the thread on that.
>
> > On Apr 20, 2016, at 21:39 , William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, right, so I'm in the right place ;) I just so happened to fire up the
> > serial debug port on the remote end
> >
> > [  241.060498] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: part_number 'BB-BONE-AUDI-02',
> > version 'N/A'
> > [  241.068352] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #4: override
> > [  241.073705] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: Using override eeprom data at
> > slot 4
> > [  241.081431] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #4: 'Override Board
> > Name,00A0,Override Manuf,BB-BONE-AUDI-02'
> > [  241.094660] of_resolve_phandles: Could not find symbol 'clk_mcasp0'
> > [  241.101464] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #4: Failed to resolve tree
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm still attempting to get the audio cape overlay to load. Anyone have a
> > clue as to why it might not work ? Something that did cross my mind is that
> > perhaps that edma fix include is being included in yet another source file.
> > Somethign else that is being included.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Rafael Vega <conta...@rafaelvega.co> wrote:
> >

> > On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 3:28:23 PM UTC-5, Rick M wrote:
> > move all the remaining entries that are in the overlay into a new .dts file
> > based on this <
> > http://pastebin.com/Wja7ZQRk>, compile that, and load it at boot.
> >

> > Here's my attempt to do what you suggest:
> > https://gist.github.com/rvega/aebb225155b7c8990b3593f3a90851eb
> > It compiles as am335x-boneblack-audio-fixed.dtb without any error messages,
> > I copied the dtb to /boot/dtbs/4.4.7-bone-rt-r9, added
> > dtb=am335x-boneblack-audio-fixed.dtb to uEnv.txt and rebooted the board but
> > when powering up, the 4 user leds stay lit and the heartbeat never starts.
> > No luck booting.
> >
> > Can anyone spot the error on the dts or suggest a way to get error messages?
> >

> > Yeah, that's very broken..  Here's a quick copy/paste/etc...
> >
> > https://gist.github.com/RobertCNelson/fe8abb7fe11121f0a8c2c0afb291b339
> >
> > I'd say it's 95% there, didn't try building it..

Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/89DBB8E1-31E7-40B4-A957-420E640F9D9C%40latencyzero.com.