On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:01 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *but it would be cooler to build the functionality into bone101, then user
>> can edit it live thru nodejs and have it reboot with those changes.. ;)*
>>

> You know you're certifiable right ? hehe, but you're also right, and I
> just happen to know it is possible. So what exactly *is* bone101 ? Just the
> web stuff, or does it include bonescript ?

so bone101 is the default web page..

repo:

https://github.com/beagleboard/bone101

live testing:

https://beagleboard.github.io/bone101/Support/bone101/

> I ask because I do not personally use bonescript, but am instead writing
> my own code that does what bonescript does( maybe more ). But is also much
> simpler in nature. Currently, I'm also try to attempt to do all this
> without including a bunch of NPM packages to reduce code bloat, and to help
> keep things understandable. So others can read through the code and
> instantly understand what is happening. As a bonus side effect, I'm hoping
> this means that in order to enable one thing, like say GPIO, or ADC, that
> the developer just need drop in a single file such as gpio.js, or adc.js,
> then just require that file.
>
> Like you, I really dislike npm, but I suspect for maybe different reasons
> . . . code bloat, and application function clarity are two of my own main
> concerns.

npm and i get along now. ;)

I've given up on "npm install xyz" in a deb package and now just pre-build
them:

https://github.com/rcn-ee/npm-package-bonescript

https://github.com/rcn-ee/npm-package-wificonfig

it's an extra step before updating the *.deb package, requires a dedicated
bbg for pre-building the *.tar.xz, but my sanity has never been better! ;)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgQTuD7iE2J3fVnBMV4nw7gmqDGQbhdOiyzGp085nRXEA%40mail.gmail.com.