> *It sure seems to me that if both can exist in the source tree and be
> selected at runtime with configuration (ideally via device tree, switchable
> later by loading and unloading modules), that would be the ideal solution.
> It sounds like John is saying this is technically not possible, but I feel
> like it should be (it is just code, after all).*

Right now, I do not believe it is possible. But as you say - it should be.
But this is one of the points I was eluding to in my rants. I think that
ideally, there should be only one kernel, with the option to load whatever
a user at the time wishes. Of course, it would not make sense to load two
PRU drivers at once. Unless somehow it could be made to run two different
drivers on each of the PRU cores. That might be cool . . .

Anyway, right now I do not think that the two PRU drivers are compatible
with one another as kernel config options. *That* in my mind should be a
paramount consideration.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpNJPKg0fOWitLvA-ZhzG%3Dg4H7zhGCjot5xJ%3DmGwj8d7w%40mail.gmail.com.