Hi Paul!

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2016 12:45:04 UTC+2 schrieb
paulandre...@gmail.com:

> Chris, yes uio_pruss/prussdrv  examples seem to give me better control
> than Remote Proc/RpMsg, I am thinking of trying to rebuild the kernel with
> the pruss_io kernel objects instead, then use examples like yours. It seems
> there are lots. I just can't see many examples using RemoteProc/RpMsg.

You don't need to rebuild your kernel. When you update to 4.4.14-ti-r34 (or
newer) you can swap between uio_pruss or RpMsg. Find details in this post
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/l59Dx8ygxNg/GvIzOJSzDAAJ>.

It'll take a long time until RpMsg will develop to anything reasonable. I'm
sure, uio_pruss will live for many years.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/737faaec-595f-4dcb-9a0c-bac9d34f0468%40googlegroups.com.