Robert, thank you once again, just a small correction I'm using a
Beaglebone Black. When I tried referring to the officialpage of seeed
studio I found this
http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/images/thumb/8/8e/Grove_Temperature_Sensor_Hw_connect.jpg/600px-Grove_Temperature_Sensor_Hw_connect.jpg

So i connected the Temperature Sensor to the I2C bus.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and let me know any other inputs which can
solve my problem.

Thanks
Siddharth

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAHc05GTVmg8rc4wiFWD5GoG4sUJM9_fEN4c1ZzfmEBcbx0_dRQ%40mail.gmail.com.