Can anyone help me to point me what I am missing of blinking a led via PRU,
please?

I'd like to understand how to use PRUs in order to exploit them. So far,
I'd be happy to start from blinking a led via PRU.

After some struggling, I was able to run righto
<http://www.righto.com/2016/08/pru-tips-understanding-beaglebones.html>
blinking led example on an old 3.8 official image (i.e.
bone-debian-7.8-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-03-01-4gb) by following righto's guide
and EBB (i.e. Exploring Beaglebone). In that blinky moment, I believed that
I was figuring something out.

However, since I moved to the latest official image (i.e.
bone-debian-8.6-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-11-06-4gb), everything felt apart...
Fortunately, I found this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/tQW4ZLcncF8>
interesting thread, from which I found Greg's guide
<https://github.com/Greg-R/pruadc1/blob/master/doc/PRUADC1latex/PRUADC1.pdf>.
Hence, I followed Greg's guide to set up Remoteproc. While Greg's guide
proceed by building and running PRUADC project, I compiled with success
PRU_gpioToggle of pru-software-support-package's examples.
Then, I attached a led from p8.11 to gnd with a 700 Ohm resistance, and
loaded the pru0 firmware as specified by Greg's guide, but it did not blink
:(
I also tried to confirm the pinmux configuration by using config-pin as
suggested by RobertCNelson (e.g. "config-pin P8.11 pruout"), but no blink
was spotted.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Regards,
Lorenzo

P.S. I am still confused about Device Tree, Remoteproc, and PRU_Driver,
each time that I believe how it should work, it does not... mumble...
P.P.S. How could I check if PRU's firmware is running?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3617fe50-9006-4d41-9b0c-766b15c8a529%40googlegroups.com.