It works already with "dd" sdcard.img into /dev/sdb2,

I built my own image, for my knowledge on how to do it.

On 08/05/17 13:23, William Hermans wrote:

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Riko Ho <antonius.r...@gmail.com <mailto:antonius.r...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I hadn't done :

    $ sudo  dd  if=buildroot/output/images/rootfs.ext4of=/dev/sdb2

    may be that's the problem ?

As Robert said, no that's not the problem. I'm kind of wondering how old the sources are that buildroot is using. Because all modern official images now days use a single partition. The date on uboot, looks reasonably new, but that's not to say the sources are current. You know, if you're really good at working with images, you can actually use debootstrap to build your own image, add in beagleboard.org <http://beagleboard.org>'s repo, download a kernel image, and get it working reasonably quick, and easily. I've also no idea what kernel version you're using there *looks* looks like 4.4.32 it seems. Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why you have to build your own images ? The newer testing images are very stable from what I've experienced( a lot of experience by the way ), and have features you may want, that probably are not included in the ones buildroot is building for you. For instance uboot is now able to load device tree overlays, and someone, I'm not sure who, has made the TI kernel based images a pleasure to work with. e.g. there are no longer a ton of kernel modules loaded at boot if you do not need them. They only load as you need them, it seems. -- For more options, visit http://beagleboard.org/discuss --- You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/beagleboard/s1a4xmoJsyU/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqc8u3%2B5gp-xXvSORQvge905cvtQ1fNi9MjSw9xgjjtQQ%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqc8u3%2B5gp-xXvSORQvge905cvtQ1fNi9MjSw9xgjjtQQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
-- */*******/ Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04, 谢谢, Kind regards, Riko Ho /*******/ *