On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 3:18 PM, evilwulfie <evilwul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shame on him.

Just for the record,I did not write that. Ethon Hayon did back in 2012, I'm
thinking probably for the white. Same hardware though . . . I know this,
because I have a duplicate of his repo on my git, but it was an excellent
learning tool. However, no one in their right mind, is going to map the
whole hardware address space into memory, UNLESS they were doing exactly
what Ethon was doing in his project. Which was making a general purpose
"library" to access any GPIO pin, and ADC's.

SO when you see something like this:

map[(ADCSTEPCONFIG1-MMAP_OFFSET)/4] = 0x00<<19 | ADC_AVG8 | ADC_SW_ONESHOT;
Versus
map[(ADCSTEPCONFIG1-MMAP_OFFSET)/4] = 0x00<<19 | ADC_AVG16;

Obvious copy paste ripoff.

Anyway I'm not saying no one can use Ethon's code, I'm saying if you're
obviously copy pasting code from his repo, you need to give him credit for
it. No matter how much you butcher / move stuff around.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORq0qqAKn%3DXvzCD9GhbxKygjgcY0aRGgV-oT8w9LUypgGw%40mail.gmail.com.