I'm missing a "Big Picture" idea here.  Let's see if I can ask with right
questions.

How can I tell with device tree file my Bone is booting with?
Where can I find it's source?
How do I compile and install it?

Right now I'm trying to get a st7735 SPI-based LCD display working again on
my Black.  This[1] used to work, but the make no longer works.
What do I need to do so this:
config-pin -a P9_30 spi # Data out
config-pin -a P9_31 spi # Clock
will work?  First I want it to work on the Black, then on the Blue.

--Mark

[1]
https://github.com/MarkAYoder/BeagleBoard-exercises/blob/master/displays/st7735/install.sh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ba829155-a6c9-44ae-9ee6-b1ae72755f8b%40googlegroups.com.