I found Jason's hint to be a bit short on explanations, so here is what
Robert Nelson led me through. It is was I reported that I did with a BBB +
Robotic Cape but didn't know if it would work with a Blue. I take Jason's
answer to be yes it will work with a Blue.
On July 11 Robert wrote in my earlier email stream titled "where is
capemgr?"

It's not a service file, it's the device tree binary:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder/blob/4.4-ti/src/arm/am335x-boneblack-roboticscape.dts#L19

Change:

#include "am335x-bone-common-no-capemgr.dtsi"

to:

#include "am335x-bone-common.dtsi"

He also led me through how to compile it and boot it, etc. I won't try to
repeat that here from memory.
Then do the usual capemgr boot line directive with partno=BB-ADC

I still believe that this configuration can live with the rc_* apps and
services, as long as you only use one at a time.
Turns out we haven't been hearing from James (the rc_* creator) on this
because he is way way way out of the county for the summer.
Clark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7ba8bb47-4cde-44b5-90f6-1c44209bc0e5%40googlegroups.com.