It's possible that your palm deposits water or body oils and confuses the
resistive sensors. Can you try wiping the display with a paper
towel,perhaps sligtly moist with alcohol?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAC%3D1GgFiB%3DCpv441TGCdMLqpuw%3D5SF%3DMdo0%3DgEysqxmnfjseBQ%40mail.gmail.com.