Thanks, Charles, for the great ideas.

I definitely agree with you that debugging on the PRU is hard. I’ve been
working on a problem on and off for weeks. I’ve solved it now but had decent
debugging tools it would have only taken a few minutes. (Or if I knew C
better!) It’s like trying to play tennis with a bag over my head.  Lucky for
me, I don’t get paid for this stuff.

Today I got RPMsg working. I’m now using it to send commands to the PRU and to
retrieve rudimentary diagnostic data. So I hope to pick up the pace a little
bit. The PRU certainly has a steep learning curve!

I’ll also look into your suggestions. Thanks again!

Clark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0F280D4F-A9C9-4A8E-922A-DCCAC6034C1D%40icloud.com.