I have same problems with SPI1. Guilty part seems to be wl18x that requires
pulldown on certain pin. See /opt/source/dtb-4.4-ti/src/arm/
am335x-bonegreen-wl1835.dtsi
 (included by am335x-bonegreen-wireless.dts). Last fragment introduces
gpio-hog of pin p9.30.  I've tried to enable SPIDEV1 on boot which leads to
wilink crashing on init.
Comment on file shows that it is somehow related to BT_AUD which I dont
need but I need wlan and bluetooth. I dont know if that is hardwired or not
but changing that hog-pin to another was NOT good idea...

So I need to re-route my wirings to SPI0 (which overlaps my I2C-2...) so
i'll be quite busy for a while...

Please inform here if solution is found.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/609ca62e-16f4-40bb-b83d-2ff681dbb769%40googlegroups.com.