If you are just trying to hook up a quick and dirty connection, then tie 15
and 13 together for grounding the ID pin.  Then you will tie 5 and 7
together so the CPU understands there is a USB port in use and it is
powered.  Your USB connector connects then to pins 7, 9, 11, and 15.   Pin
15 is already connected to system ground.

In my circuit I am using the Power section from the BBB to do this a bit
cleaner.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8E4TqZsKvhQ/Wd4zWh9Rj7I/AAAAAAAAHC8/uqalauqOj3cd1GIRW3aTOMlXAJL-1N5qQCLcBGAs/s1600/PB%2BUSB%2BEXP.png>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/c3416b47-cb08-43f4-b180-1db3d682aaca%40googlegroups.com.