Thanks. That was a bit embarrassing - I saw the message in dmesg but
assumed it was benign since the /proc/device-tree entry was there. I'll
move to a later kernel and try my fix there. I appreciate your quick help!

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAL8ugEdmkra9JNEp850VgvXt08eLzaq-iOVw3eVoCrg-A%3DtVvw%40mail.gmail.com.