I am running a custom image of Debian Stretch on BBB, downgraded
to 4.4.54-ti-r93. On this
image, /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/serial-number exists.
However after I perform an upgrade to 4.4.113-ti-r146 using sudo
/opt/scripts/tools/update_kernel.sh --ti-channel --lts-4_4,
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/ disappears.

I seek help to clarify if this is a known issue. Thanks!

--Luther

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3748c7a4-4b82-4f13-b0c7-f03059a20f15%40googlegroups.com.