For clarity, the difference is as follows. Question: Is one more correct than
the other?
# cat /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/serial-number4816BBBK2650#
sudo hexdump -e '8/1 "%c"' /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0050/eeprom -n 28 | cut -b
5-28A335BNLTEIA04816BBBK2650

    On Monday, February 19, 2018, 11:01:39 AM GMT+8, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via