I see. I need the serial number of the BBB. Previously I extracted it from
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/serial-number. Where can I get the
equivalent now?

--Luther
    On Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11:46:38 AM GMT+8, Robert Nelson
<robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via BeagleBoard
<beagleboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I am running a custom image of Debian Stretch on BBB, downgraded to
> 4.4.54-ti-r93. On this image,
> /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/serial-number exists. However
> after I perform an upgrade to 4.4.113-ti-r146 using sudo
> /opt/scripts/tools/update_kernel.sh --ti-channel --lts-4_4,
> /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/baseboard/ disappears.
>
> I seek help to clarify if this is a known issue. Thanks!

When U-Boot Overlays are active that directory is removed..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYj-qk8msgQoj%2BU0zjpqOed77eCPwQozFFj56d4VBHS%3DSw%40mail.gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/2069203780.1299543.1518672797609%40mail.yahoo.com.