One of the guys on TI E2E who's team is looking into this issue for their
custom board, noted some things from the console log on TI E2E.  I've
pasted that here.  I'm not sure if this rings a bell to anyone or provides
additional insight as to DDR3 timing, etc.

"
   .
   .
My colleague went back through the logs (interns are great resources!).
Here's what he found. We seem to have two failure modes.

I went through the log files of 5 failures that display “Unable to handle
kernel paging request” error message.

The system first displays the message PC is at
n_tty_receive_buf_common+0x7c/0xa60 and then sometimes it also displays PC
is at kthread_data+0x10/0x18 at the same startup after few lines and
sometimes it just displays the message PC is at
n_tty_receive_buf_common+0x7c/0xa60

Here is what I can see form the log files, sometimes the system displays
unable to hande kernel paging request at 00002248 and also at ffffffec,
whenever the address is 00002248 – the PC is at n_tty and when the address
is ffffffec – the PC is at kthread.

The pgd is always at pgd = c0003000 in case of both the error messages.
*pgd is different for both the cases but same for all the failures.
*pgd=80000080004003
*pgd=80000080007003

   .
   .