Hi Pierrick!

Have you tried libpruio <http://github.com/dtjf/libpruio> yet? It makes one
PRU fetching samples from the internal ADC. Parameters are controled from
the ARM side. Everything can get configured in user space (sampling rate,
active channels, avaraging, and more). Device tree action is only necessary
once in the install process. This make programming and testing much more
easy.

For the ADC, my future application is going to be time critical, by this I
> mean that I want to sample data at around 5khz to 10khz. Is the IIO driver
> able to execute real-time data acquisition while the ARM is processing the
> data?

In such a case I'll start with ADC input by libpruio and a controller loop
on the ARM. When real-time requirements cannot get fulfilled, the
controller loop can get shifted to the second PRU later in the development
process.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e484e69e-e526-4ac0-88f9-df1204b22fcd%40googlegroups.com.