Sorry, you're right.
However, changing the dtb on the boot config seemed to do it, even for a
few boards in my class that surprisingly had the same issue. Could this be
an issue worth looking into with the latest image?

Thanks again for your assistance Robert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/38ae2c4a-a357-4c92-ba31-93ea397c116e%40googlegroups.com.