Bob,

In my efforts I have gone and screwed up routing on the BBB.

I now can only access via the JTAG serial port.

The BBB can't ping 192.168.7.1 the Win-10 address and the
P.C. can't ping 192.168.7.2 either

This is what's in /etc/network/interfaces
iface usb0 inet static
    address 192.168.7.2
    netmask 255.255.255.252
    network 192.168.7.0
    gateway 192.168.7.1
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8
    post-up route add default gw 192.168.7.1

Then to add default
sudo /sbin/route add default gw 192.168.7.2

It did work, but now not. Any help is appreciated. Sorry to bother.