Hi Ken,
I followed steps given by Drew Fustini. And was able to connect to the
internet temporarily , but as soon as I rebooted I could not. You seem to
have figured out the way to make BBB connect via Beaglebone. I am using
Ubuntu as my host PC to connect to BBB.

So if I understand correctly all I need to do is add the following lines in
my network/interfaces file ?
iface usb0 inet static
    address 192.168.137.2
    netmask 255.255.0.0
    network 192.168.137.0
    gateway 192.168.137.1
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8
    post-up route add default gw 192.168.137.1

And this is what my netstat -rn looks like
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
default         192.168.7.1     0.0.0.0         UG     0      0        0
usb0
192.168.6.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0 U     0      0        0 usb1
192.168.7.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0 U     0      0        0 usb0

1. I can successfully ping 192.168.7.1 . But whenever I ping 8.8.8.8 (once
I reboot) , all I see in response is "*From 192.168.7.1 icmp_seq=1
Destination Host unreachable*".
So my gateway is set correctly and ping to it, but for some reason it can
not ping through it to 8.8.8.8.  Doesn't make sense.

2. How did you get the number 137 ?

3. According to Drew Fustinis post (
https://gist.github.com/pdp7/d2711b5ff1fbb000240bd8337b859412
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgist.github.com%2Fpdp7%2Fd2711b5ff1fbb000240bd8337b859412&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNF6g9gkAc0CFvNRJnfcUk-QPjpYMA>

)  entering the following command
*"debian@beaglebone:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf" *
 should get my the response *"**nameserver 8.8.8.8".*
 But the response I get is  "nameserver 127.0.0.1"  which is locat host ,
and I don't why I get this response. And I tried to edit that file manually
but it gets overwritten after every reboot.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time . :)

And you said the 137 is the