Hi,

Adding to this discussion a bit, hope you are all still there now and
then...

I had some stability issues with a WiFi dongle on the PocketBeagle. I am
running it with a USB cape. It used to run stable on battery power with
P1,1 and P1,7 connected with each other. Only problem I had, I did not see
an ip address from my wifi dongle (connected to the standard micro USB
connection).

I really needed to have a fixed ip address and decided to accomplish that
using connmanctl. After successfully changing the connmanctl settings
though the connection wasn't stable anymore. Using the micro USB on the
micro USB connection it would sometimes connect, stay on for a few ping's
and then disconnect. Once it stayed up for a whole minute!!! Connecting it
to a USB port on the cape it would drop out, come back up for a ping, drop
out again for about 10 to 20 pings, etcetera.

When using the micro-USB connected to the computer though and powering the
cape with the (powered) USB-dongle in it, the connection stayed stable.
Which suggests a power issue. While using battery power I did connect VIN,
VBUS and VIN-USB to a 5V stepDown board (from a LiPo, two cells) the only
power input I had not connected yet was Vbat. While connecting Vbat, it
seemed my board fried (power blinks about once a second now, further no
response). I have had these PIN's connected before so it seems unlikely
that that is the reason. I probably made some other mistake. My system
still comes up on another PocketBeagle.

My questions / requests:

   1. Could wiring P1,1; P1,5; P1,7 and Vbat together on a 5V input pose a
   problem? (probably better not to connect a micro USB cable to the computer
   at the same time)
   2. Could the instability of the WiFi dongle connection be caused by not
   connecting Vbat? (I have not been able to test it since the board fried
   while doing that)
   3. Any suggestions for checking my boards demise or a recipe for
   possibly reviving it would we welcome.

Best, Hans.