Jason:

The PocketBeagle will do this, when powered from a serious Lab-bench power
supply running into P1-Pin-1, with added capacitance on the pin, without
added capacitance on the pin, without any other accessory or cape drawing
power from the PocketBeagle.  I reported this in November 2017, and there
have been three or four other reports by other users since then.  It makes
the PocketBeagle unusable for any serious application, where it is not
powered from the microUSB connector.

--- Graham

==