I'm having an issue running the python examples.

I'm running the bone-debian-9.12-console image.
I've installed libpruio, python-pruio, libpruio-lkm, and libpruio-doc.
I copied the python-pruio examples into my home directory and try to run an
example:

debian@beaglebone:~/src/pruio_examples$ python3 1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "1.py", line 18, in <module>
    from libpruio import *
  File "/home/debian/src/pruio_examples/libpruio/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
    from pruio import *
ImportError: No module named 'pruio'

Is there something I'm missing?