@Dennis thanks for clarification I think his previous post a week ago
mentioned Bb AI but Bruce please don't assume everyone read your recent
So you need to narrow down something after you reply to Dennis confirming you
have correct Linux .
Start with an unmodified example a simple one IRQ are cool but might need
resources allocated in the DTS file. How about lab 4 from PRU support package
5.8 . Use binaries.
Also Confirm you found the guidelines on these examples and the RPMSg quick
start guide for Linux please read it.
We need console messages from Linux prompt of errors and details of I did such
then saw such. A  detailed screen capture.
I don't own an AI and expecting someone to get your code and run it I can't do
it  is all I'm going to say. I can help guide you and MAYBE try it on BBWhite
if I have time. In theory the AM 5729 should work the same.
The binaries are in the TI AM 57xx Linux SDK its 3 Gig and requires a Linux
machine. I can only help you with that if you're using a PRU cookbook example
I'm unfamiliar the SDK guidelines support binaries for PRU and ARM and cross
compiled Linux  target compiled source code.
As a beginner I suggest dropping binaries on ARM to be loaded to the PRU and
dropping the ARM Linux application binary into filesystem.
I won't even attempt to help you start compilation of any code especially if
it's changed or gaze upon it without having your environment speculating why it
won't compile.
I respect your decision if you do choose to disregard my advice and try the
Cookbook example but feel it's an exercise in frustration to do this by email
without us having hardware and your environment. Too many unknowns.

Most important what's it doing?The original post was a link to all the code.
It is at: https://gitlab.com/brucechidester/pru-messaging-exampleThe Readme.txt
file explains what I would like the solution to do. Better idea to use an
example that's documented
2 This is the BB AI correct?I do not know what this question means..please
clarify.

3 Where did this code come from?I wrote this code from other examples
attempting to get it to work.  Which examples ? How would we know?4 What is
your ARM OS and version. Compiler host  detailsBeagleBoard.org Debian Buster
IoT Image 2020-04-06,  4.19.94-ti-r42.  A fresh release from
https://beagleboard.org/latest-images 5 Brief Summary of what you tried  with
important details(start from 5 and work backwards trying to keep it clear and
concise)
I was trying several examples from everywhere and I cannot get any messaging
example to work.  The TI messaging examples that they provide do not include
the application code that interacts with the PRU messaging. The UIO to Remote
Proc change has made many of the examples out of date and it is getting
frustrating trying to figure out the correct solution for the latest disto for
the BBB.
This my whole point. Read this above  like you were us.What's out of date? The
SDK guidelines are current for RPSg/ Rproc.
What code are you modifying? What how-to/ guidelines/ book are you using ?
Last week's email I described all this in detail to you step by step at least
for TI Linux SDK.
Of you're using something else tell us so some besides me who's knowledgeable
doing that may comment.
I have know idea whether the PRU cookbook is up to date for AM5729
I do know TI invented, designed RPROC and the documents are valid and correct
even though this concept is years old.
Hopefully it's more clear.  Download the 3g tar Am57xx Linux SDK it's got
documents. Ask specific questions. It's been done successfully my at least 3
people on Beaglebone Black.
Or
Hopefully someone can help support what your doing if it's not SDK code.
Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 3:08 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber<dennis.l.bie...@gmail.com>
wrote:   On Mon, 24 May 2021 10:25:57 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Bruce Chidester
<brucechidester-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>*2 This is the BB AI correct?*
>I do not know what this question means..please clarify.

    It is asking you to confirm which Beagle you are using.

>*4 What is your ARM OS and version. Compiler host  details*
>BeagleBoard.org Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06,  4.19.94-ti-r42.  A
>fresh release from https://beagleboard.org/latest-images

    Unfortunately, that is a year out of date... It's basically the image
that was shipped on new boards (to my knowledge the "testing" images don't
get shipped). Doing an apt update/apt upgrade will take lots of space
staging the files, and quite some time (it is Debian 10.3, and Debian is
now at 10.9)

    You might want to grab one of the images at
https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2021-04-27/ (buster is Debian 10,
stretch is prior Debian 9). It will be much quicker to do an apt update/apt
upgrade.

    Unfortunately you trimmed the description so that the question of board
is still open.

    AM3358 (now seen as "bone-debian..." in "testing") is for Beaglebone
BLACK/GREEN and other clones. AM57829 (seen as am57xx in testing) are for
the BB-AI (Beaglebone Artifical Intelligence) and X-15 boards.

--
Dennis L Bieber

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/vt0oag16eu9rbdj1f43s72ulb72ppcn9km%404ax.com.