Bruce,

I feel your frustration with getting familiar with PRU.  What I did,
working with the standard Debian that BB ships with (including updates),
was to start with Professor Yoder's PRUCookbook
<https://markayoder.github.io/PRUCookbook/>.  That at least should get you
going.  He has information on BBB as well as BBAI.

df