On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 11:05:35 +0530, in gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user
Vinayakumar Chikkadi <vinayvkc-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>I have given permission by running
>
>sudo chmod 0777 /dev/ttyUSB0

        That is not the preferred way to do it. The preferred way is by adding
your user account to the /group/ that owns tty* devices. On the systems I
checked, that is the Dialout group.

>Now I am able to open in putty but not receiving any data from bbb. Seems
>the issue with usb to serial cable.

        Personally, I'd first connect an oscilloscope to the TxD and RxD pins,
and see what, if anything, is on those pins. You likely won't be able to
"read" the traffic, but should be able to recognize start/data/stop bits on
the scope.

        Make sure you have the correct pins connected, and in the correct
direction...

--
Dennis L Bieber