I use subsections. My file looks something like this:

# Commodities
# Equity Accounts
# Assets
# Canada Banking
## Institution1
### Account1
### Account2
## Institution2
### Account3
# US Banking
# Investing
# Liabilities
## Account4
## Account5
# Expenses
# Employment
# Income
# Prices

I should probably move around some sections, but it's nice to have the
hierarchy.