Good questions.

>From a UK and Europe perspective, the providers who access the data are
strictly regulated. That's part of getting access to the APIs. So I have
trust for them. I don't have trust when it comes to entering and saving
passwords (where the bank itself has not implemented APIs).

Starling Bank, a UK Fintech (but a fully licensed bank), uses the same API
for open banking as for end users. They let you access your own accounts
through the same API and is straightforward to use. (See here
<https://developer.starlingbank.com/>) They are also very rich.

I just wish more -- or all banks -- did the same kind of approach.

Mark