This is awesome, seems I'm not the only one struggling with this.

One of the issues I was converting all FLAC to mp3 was portable devices, but
with today's computing power, it takes mere seconds to convert the songs we
would be transferring to a device.

As noted, 320 is usually plenty. I actually chose v0 because I feel for most
this is also undetectable.

But at the same time, FLAC is cool, but usually overkill.

I also like the idea of marking the folder with the type, FLAC, mp3.  I wonder
if there is a way to auto detect further, v0, 320, FLAC, 128(yuk), etc.