> Hey All,

Hi

> I'm new to doing CGI with Perl and so am a little lost here.
> boms.cgi'>Register</a></p>
>      <h3>Logon</h3>
>      <form method='POST' action='http://myserver.domain.org/cgi-bin/
> logon.cgi'>
>           Username:<br />
>           <input type='textfield' name='uname' /><br />
>           Password:<br />
>           <input type='password' name='pwd' /><br />
>           <input type='submit' name='logon' value='Logon' />
>      </form>

This works for me.

If I post your form to this:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI qw/:standard/;

my $q = new CGI;

my @params = $q->param;

print $q->header();
print $q->start_html;

foreach my $p (@params) {
        print $q->h5("$p => ". $q->param($p));
}
print end_html;

I get all the params that I entered. No arbitary numbers appened!

There are obviously other issues with your envirnoment or there is
something in your script that you have not presented that causes this. I
think you would be better advised to try and find the source of the
problem that spend time trying to come up with work arounds.

Good luck,
Dp.