> I wasn't able to remember what it exactly said, but yes it is about
> $ENV{PATH}, on my machine perldoc perlsec is riddled with formating problems
> it looks like, here is a copy of what I mean:
>
> "Perl automatically enables a set of special security checks, called
> ESC[4mtaintESC[24
> m ESC[4mmodeESC[24m,
>        when it detects its program running with differing real and effective
> user or
>        group IDs.  The setuid bit in Unix permissions is mode 04000, the
> setgid bit mode
>        02000; either or both may be set.  You can also enable taint mode
> explicitly by
>        using the ESC[1m-T ESC[22mcommand line flag. This flag is
> ESC[4mstronglyESC[24m sugge
> sted for server" it is like that through out the whole thing, is it like
> this for anyone else?

This is usually the result of a mismatch between the character set
used by your ssh client and the locale settings of your session.
Here's a link that discusses:
http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/high-ascii-characters-linux-terminal-ssh-ftopict487060.html

[u...@host ~]$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8  <--make sure your SSH client character set matches this
value

Generally, I have found on Redhat and Suse that they now use the above
by default and that setting my SSH client to use UTF-8 fixes this
issue.