On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Adam Jimerson <vend...@charter.net> wrote:

> > Please read more about Perl security in "perldoc perlsec".
> >

> I wasn't able to remember what it exactly said, but yes it is about
> $ENV{PATH}, on my machine perldoc perlsec is riddled with formating
> problems
> it looks like, here is a copy of what I mean:
>
> "Perl automatically enables a set of special security checks, called
> ESC[4mtaintESC[24
> m ESC[4mmodeESC[24m,

You can read the output of perldoc perlsec on the web at:
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsec.html

What version of perl are you using?  What OS?

I've seen similar problems with perldoc a few years ago while using perl
5.6.1 on early versions of fedora and on windows.

You can also try perldoc -t perlsec which should get rid of most of the
ESC... stuff.

It will still leave some junk in places where perldoc is meant to display
bold or underlined characters, but it should get rid of most of the terminal
control stuff.

Mike