Hi, All!

I have a file with two important columns in it separated by spaces. I'll call these col1 and col2. I need to sort the data by col2 and then print col1 & col2 to a file. I know I CAN do it with perl, but which way is faster for this kind of processing? Perl or Awk? I know with awk, I can find a one-liner for the command line and I could probably do that with perl, too (I'm just now refreshing myself on perl command line options), but I just thought I'd get some experienced opinions on the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance.  May your sky be filled with perly clouds!  ;-)

Aimee

Aimee Mostella Cardenas
Department of Genetics
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
7620 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX  78245
Phone: (210) 258-9884
aim...@sfbrgenetics.org