This is my source for those theoretical numbers:

http://dewaele.org/~robbe/thesis/writing/references/49747D_HPC_Processor_Comparison_v3_July2012.pdf

If those numbers are off, that makes my job a bit easier.  And it looks like you're right. In the text above the table, it does mention 2-socket servers, and then below the table in fine print, it states

"For AMD Opteron Processors, theoretical FLOPS = Core Count x Core Frequency x number of processors per server x 4."

Why can't the table just show single socket performance? Grrrr....

Regardless of bad marketing and graphics design, I'm still at at square one. My system has 2 sockets, and the best I've been able to do is get ~115 GFLOPS. And that's one of the 'instaneous' values LINPACK spits out every few seconds. At the end of test, the actual GFLOPS  result is more like 77 GLOPS:

T/V                N    NB     P     Q Time                 Gflops
WR00L2L2       82775    40     4     8 4924.71              7.678e+01

This is a two socket system, so that's only 27% of theoretical max.

Prentice