From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Igor Malyushkin
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 8:45 AM
To: bess@ietf.org
Subject: [bess] draft-malyushkin-bess-ip-vpn-abstract-next-hops for WG review

Hi all,

Recently I posted a draft about a problem I've encountered as an ISP engineer.
It is related to IP VPN convergence and especially is applicable to multihomed
CEs. I think the solution can be useful for many types of IP VPN deployments,
but one of the main drivers for me was the Internet in the VRF case. Lots of
networks I know including the network I operate distribute Internet prefixes by
means of IP VPN instead of the GRT. The document addresses one of the problems
related to this approach but is not confined to it.

I kindly ask the WG for comments and suggestions. Also, as I'm absolutely new
to the IETF process I hope that I wasn't wrong with the WG, as I think that IP
VPN problems are related to BESS.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-malyushkin-bess-ip-vpn-abstract-next-hops/<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-malyushkin-bess-ip-vpn-abstract-next-hops%2F&data=05%7C01%7Clinda.dunbar%40futurewei.com%7Cfdb1418f9a4245c295d608da850dbc05%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637968591318672968%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=cSWf8YoOU60evxkT7bgs7C%2FfeVojKB4KTHYq1GvRPgU%3D&reserved=0>