Hi Igor,

Thank you for sharing your draft. I am cc-ing IDR as you are proposing
modifications to core BGP.

What you are proposing IMO will work fine and in fact I recall we had
number of discussions on this in the past some of which resulted in
definition of Edge_Discriminator Attribute as described
in draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-03

However what you are proposing has serious scaling limits and impact to
underlay if anyone would like to do this for lot's of VRFs.

Let me observe that below quote is not correct:

   Neither IP VPN [RFC4364] nor IPv6 VPN [RFC4659] have a mass routes
   withdrawal mechanism.

they do from day one. You can easily remove all routes in a given VRF by
withdrawing the RD/64 prefix. Single BGP message.

So in your case (Internet in a VRF) there is simple solution:

Option I ) Put each CE into a separate VRF - when CE goes down - just
withdraw the /64 RD.

Option II)  Alternatively you may ask your favourite vendor to allow
multiple RDs in a VRF - one per each CE. Withdraw mechanism will be the
same /64 per CE however no impact to the underlay .. still single next hop,
single forwarding label etc ... In this option in the case both CEs
advertise the same nets you would still advertise the single best path only
out of this VRF. Keep in mind however that paths will be different from
each CE so upon a CE failure while you can quickly remove the previously
advertised routes you need to announce  all of them again anyway with
different CE paths. So the solutions is not much better then smart
implementations and Option I.

Lastly, why is your draft on the Standards Track ? It does not define any
protocol extension so at best can be Informational.

Many thx,
Robert.