Hi Robert,

I believe you are referring to the "BCP" (of Informational) content of
these drafts. If so, my impression is that the authors wanted to put this
information together for the benefit of the operator community. I'll let
them respond.

You can see my comments during the BESS WG adoption poll for one of the
drafts here [1].

My concern was more the parts that need standardization need to be called
out very succinctly (in hopefully a short draft) and the rest is all simply
informational material that can be clubbed together to perhaps make more
efficient use of reviewers time.

Thanks,
Ketan

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bess/Wj-Y_m-t7C0bZ90NM-hmQbOYoPY/