Hi Ketan

Thank you for the feedback on the drafts.

See my email I sent this morning readout on the drafts presentation.  That
will explain in detail and answer all of your questions.

IDR draft:

The 4PE draft connecting IPv4 islands over an IPv6 core  over the global
table is similar in semantics to 6PE RFC 4798 which connects IPv6 islands
over an IPv4 core over the global table and the draft is extensible to
SR-MPLS and SRv6. There currently is not a standard for 4PE so this draft
would standardize 4PE for vendor  interoperability.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mishra-idr-v4-islands-v6-core-4pe/

BESS drafts - these drafts are completely different from IDR 4PE draft.

I have already combined two of the drafts into one for the IPv4-Only PE All
SAFI draft

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mishra-bess-ipv4-only-pe-design-all-safi/

IPv6 Only PE Design BCP draft below was adopted  last year and the new
draft extensible to ALL SAFI Standards Track below I plan to progress
separately.  As one is BCP and the other Standards track I don’t think they
could be combined and even if they were combined into the super set all
SAFI that would have to go through adoption process again anyway so I plan
to keep separate.

This draft I will queue up for adoption call.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mishra-bess-ipv6-only-pe-design-all-safi/

Many Thanks

Gyan

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 6:19 AM Ketan Talaulikar <ketant.i...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gyan,
>
> Sharing a couple of suggestions here for your 5 drafts (4 in BESS + 1 in
> IDR) as we lost time due to the audio issues:
>
> (1) put the portions to be standardized (very focussed/small hopefully) in
> one single draft and post/share with both IDR and BESS since you are
> changing NH encoding (from what I heard?)
> (2) all other informational/BCP material could be combined in a single
> draft (perhaps the existing BESS WG draft)
>
> IMHO, that would facilitate an appropriate focussed review of the
> content/proposals.
>
> Thanks,
> Ketan
>
> --