Will this potentially be a way to circumvent the 100K track
limitation
with the Smart Mix plugin? Seems like I should be able to create a
filtered library that would contain most of the "good" stuff based on
bitrate, genre, year range, etc.

Yes, that's definitely a use case I was thinking about today myself. But
first things first.

Oh, no rush for me, to be sure. Just curious. I'll just be lurking over
here until there's something to play with on my secondary system...

I think the toughest part will be to provide the end user a flexible UI to define the virtual libraries. If you were fluent in SQL, then this would probably be an easy job to achieve. But to provide a good UI to allow for filtering by all the attributes you mention will be the challenge... for me and other plugin developers.

--

Michael