I guess there are better way to rebuild the Cache directory than
removing it completely, but I didn't found any other way. Largest file
before rebuild was "artwork.db" (5300MB).

Can you check the Settings in Advanced/Performance? There's an option which would list image formats LMS does pre-cache. What do you see there?

I did fix an issue in 7.9 which could have caused massive growth for artwork.db. But it's an issue which requires the new creation of that file. Just running 7.9 would not have changed it. Therefore that growth problem might now be gone. Please let me know if that's not the case.

--

Michael