After thinking some more on this, I can see why this is appealing, however, Blender is in the unique position of including add-ons as an integral part.  This makes it more inclusive than other software and provides a good way to onboard new, Blender, developers.  An online repository for non-bundled, free add-ons and other things Blender related could be worth pursuing, and to this end I have a couple questions.

Is there a design task with ideas for the potential add-ons repository?
Are you hoping to have this repository up and running for the 3.0 release?

And referring back to my initial inquiries:
Unless the intention is to remove the bundled add-ons from Blender before the 3.0 release, would it be possible to update the credit gen script to include the add-ons repository?  After playing around with it for a bit, I was able to modify the script to include the add-ons repository fairly easily, but I'm not familiar with the entire process, so I'm wondering if there is a technical limitation I'm unaware of that has prevented add-ons from being included with the rest of the credits?

In which bcon does the marketing team start looking through the wiki release notes to compile the fancy release notes and how long after that is the wiki monitored for updates?

Thanks.
Ryan